Thursday, May 9, 2013

Gone Graphic

We're getting ready for the July residency, especially for the northward migration of faculty we haven't seen since last summer. Among those will be Gene Luen Yang, who will be doing a session on how to write a graphic novel. I've seen Gene do a fifteen minute version of this, and I'm delighted to be getting a full hour on the topic.

Meanwhile, I've been keeping up with all the new graphic novels vicariously--reading a few, relying on other people to report back. One such person is Natalie Rosinsky. She writes a column on graphic novels for Teen Literature Network. It's a wonderful resource.

The most recent column focuses on graphic novels in which public events intersect with private lives. Much of my own writing has been about just that, and I can't wait to get my hands on quite a few of these books.

***

PS: I'll be putting up the next Inkpot Interview soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment